The best part of being a Country Music blogger is getting to review great albums like Unstoppable. Over all, I am sure people will not be surprised to hear that I think Unstoppable is an amazing album. What I love about Rascal Flatts is they are part of a handful of artists that can put out an entire album that is great. Of course it is not a big stretch to think Rascal Flatts will put out a great album considering all 5 of their past albums have gone platinum. They have sold millions of records and won a zillion awards. Rascal Flatts continues to play off their strengths in Unstoppable. They focus on emotional and inspirational songs in a way that very few can. Of course Rascal Flatts also has the musical superpower of Gary LeVox’s voice to drive the new record, Unstoppable, to Platinum.
This album, Unstoppable is heavy on loss and heartbreak. There are a few lighter songs and some inspirational songs but you really feel the emotion and loss in this album. In Unstoppable, you can feel the guys themselves understand the mature and complicated topics that flow through many of their songs. I just love when musicians can be sincere, inspiring, and wise in a way that can reach young people and vulnerable people. I just can’t say enough good things about this album’s ability to really help people. I like how no matter what your age or standing, you can relate to Rascal Flatts’ songs.
I have written earlier about “Here Comes Goodbye”, “Forever,” “Things That Matter,” “Unstoppable,” and “Love Who You Love.” I provide more about these songs in a Track List break down at the end of the post. Of the early releases “Here Comes Goodbye” is the one that stands out. Releasing “Here Comes Goodbye” first with the video I am sure was no mistake. “Here Comes Goodbye” really sets the vibe for this whole record. While I didn’t think any song on the album was bad. I must admit the lighter fun songs “Summer Nights” and “She’d Be California” are just ok. I prefer the emotional deeper stuff out of them. One of the songs not released early, “Holdin’ On” is great. It really embodies that craziness right after a break up. You are a wreck and wondering if their still is hope for the relationship. My favorite song off the entire album is “Once.” All the guys mesh so well in “Once.” They all sound so great. “Once” blew me away. I just keep listening to it over and over. I predict it will be one of the biggest hits off the album. My favorite line in the song is ” Now I wait by the phone in the dark drunk on hope.” Here is a link to “Once Lyrics.” The song is pure emotion and I like the darkness and desperation in the song. I like it a little dark because that is hows things really are when you go through a break up or lose someone. Rascal Flatts get the secret to making a great break up song – it is that raw emotion. Another song that stood out on the album is “Why.” It is a tearjerker that appears to be about suicide. It is a song you would expect to come out of Rascal Flatts. I have written a little about each track of the album at the end of this post.
There are a lot of great songs on this album. I am sure many are destined to be Country Hits. Rascal Flatts have put out album after album of such amazing quality and deserve respect. Unstoppable continues their trend of amazing albums and continues to propel their super star country status. I really hope the old days of questioning Rascal Flatts being country enough is behind us too.
1. “Love Who You Love” – Nice little song about making sure you pay attention and love those that are important in your life.
2. “Here Comes Goodbye” – It is so sad and so well done. It embodies the powerful emotions of dealing with a break up or any big loss.
3. “Close” – I liked the music in this one. The song is about all the things you do after you lose someone to remember them like keeping t-shirts or voice mails. Another great Rascal Flatts break-up song. You could relate to this song if you lost someone too.
4. “Forever” – This song is so amazing. It is sad to think of the loss we all have experienced. It is sad to know some things we can never get back. I love how Rascal Flatts gets that deep sense of sorrow in the song but still manages to bring out the element of love. How you can’t take away that feelings and memories of love that will last forever. Emotional.
5. “She’d Be California” – A light rockin’ tune. About a girl that has that California vibe.
6. “Unstoppable” – Unstoppable the song is amazing! This is the type of song you need to hear. It just makes you feel better and stronger. Unstoppable is a song about not giving up and all the forms of love in life are unstoppable.
7. “Things That Matter” is a very typical inspirational Rascal Flatts song. It is a simple song. It is about what the title of the song suggests. It is about focusing on things that matter. It brings the elements that life is too short to mess it up and forgiveness.
8. “Summer Nights” – Fun little party song about summer. It is ok.
9. “Holdin’ On” – About the pain of losing someone and wanting someone back. Just holdin’ on and hoping can get that love that.
10. “Once” – Great. Real. How life really is after a bad break-up. You can’t get over it that easily. About looking back and not moving forward.
11. “Why” Tearjerker. About being at a funeral and remembering someone who has died. It appears to be referring to a suicide. Talks about wondering if could have done anything and not knowing the person was in a dark place.
Best Prices on Rascal Flatts – Unstoppable – Where To Buy Unstoppable
Rascal Flatts – Things That Matter
Rascal Flatts- Here Comes Goodbye
Rascal Flatts – Forever
Rascal Flatts – Unstoppable
Rascal Flatts – Love Who You Love