There are a bunch of great country songs out there to play at a college graduation party. Here is a list of party songs to rock your graduation party.
1. Here For The Party – Gretchen Wilson (2004, Here For The Party)
All your guests are here to party so a good way to get that started is to play a song by the redneck woman herself, Gretchen Wilson.
2. Yee Haw – Jake Owen (2006, Startin’ With Me Album)
This song about having a little fun on the weekend will have guests yelling Yee Haw.
3. Johnny Cash – Jason Aldean (2007, Relentless Album)
This country-rock song written by John Rich is about a guy who quits his job and runs off to Vegas with his girlfriend. The song is not about Johnny Cash. The chorus of this song includes the phrase “blasting out to Johnny Cash.” This song has a 80’s rock feel with a country twist.
4. Hell Yeah – Montgomery Gentry (2002, My Town Album)
This slightly angry tribute to rock music and regular working folks will really get your guests yelling and rocking. One of the best parts of the song is at the end. A police officer rattles of a long list of items Montgomery Gentry is under arrest for including things like inciting a riot, disorderly conduct, public intoxication, resisting arrest. When asked if they understand the charges, Montgomery Gentry responds Hell Yeah! It will make your guests laugh out loud.
5. 8 Second Ride – Jake Owen (2006, Startin’ With Me Album)
This song is a bit racy and not for everyone. The 8 second ride discussed in this song is not about bull riding if you know what I mean. I have included it because this is the fastest paced song on the list and great for the younger 20’s crowd.
6. Honky Tonk Badonkadonk – Trace Adkins (2005, Songs About Me Album)Some may find this song sexist or not want to play a song about a women’s backside. However, for many this popular song is a party song must have. It has fun lyrics and a nice beat. You can even get techno, 70’s, and other mixes of this song from a CD called Honky Tonk Badonkadonk [IMPORT] 2006. I will put a link at the end of the page for this CD.
7. These Are My People – Rodney Atkins (2006, If You Are Going Through Hell)
These Are My People is a great song to play at a graduation party to recognize how awesome it is to have all your friends and family there to support you.
8. Real Good Man –Tim McGraw (2002, Tim McGraw & The Dance Hall Doctors)This song is about a rough a rowdy guy that still respects the women in his life and country. There are some great lines in this song. One of them is the chorus line “I may be a real bad boy, but baby I’m a real good man.” Tim McGraw can rock with the best of them. He does a great job on this one. This song is also on his Greatest Hits II album.
9. Rollin’ – Big & Rich (2004, Horse Of A Different Color Album)
If you are going to play some rocking country music you have to play at least one Big & Rich song. The song is about telling the critics that country music can incorporate rock. It also features the rapping of cowboy Troy in the middle of the song.
10. Hillbilly Deluxe – Brooks & Dunn (2005, Hillbilly Deluxe Album).
Brooks & Dunn may be a little older but they sure can rock. This song has a good pace and some nice electric guitar. This song is about partying hillbilly style.
11. Hicktown – Jason Aldean (2005, Jason Aldean)
This fun country pride song is about how people party in the country.
12. Save A Horse Ride A Cowboy – Big & Rich (2004, Horse Of A Different Color)
Everyone knows and can sing along to this song. “Save A Horse Ride A Cowboy” or “Loud” from the album Between Raising Hell & Amazing Grace are both good party song choices.
13. All My Rowdy Friends – Hank Williams Jr. Greatest Hits Volume II
If you are having a party, you can’t go wrong playing a little Hank Williams Jr.You gotta love when Hank yells, “Do You Want To Drink. Do You Want To Party.”
14. The More I Drink – Blake Shelton (2007, Pure BS)
This song has a great balance of twang, drums, and guitar. Blake Shelton’s brings his fun party side to this song. This song is a riot.
15. I Got Friends In Low Places – Garth Brooks (1989, Garth Brooks)
It is always nice to hear this classic Garth Brooks party song. Everyone has a great time singing along.
16. All Jacked Up – Gretchen Wilson (2005, All Jacked Up)
This song is about the fighting and other little things happening after drinking too much.This is a fun song to play towards the end of the party when things are starting to get interesting.
17. What Was I Thinkin – Dierks Bentley (2003, Dierks Bentley)
This fun song is about a guy, who goes out one night with a wild girl and wonders, what was he thinking. The song isn’t hard rock or anything but has country rock elements and a good pace.
18. Beer Thirty – Brooks & Dunn (1999, Tight Rope)
This older Brooks & Dunn song is a great party song. This is a honkey tonk style song.The song is about having some fun after work.
19. Toby Keith Songs There are a lot of Toby Keith songs that have a little edge to them that would be good for a graduation party. Songs like: Get Drunk & Be Somebody, Big Dog Daddy, Who’s Your Daddy, Stays In Mexico, Whiskey Girl, I Love This Bar, and his new one She’s a Hottie.
20. You Don’t Have To Go Home – Gretchen Wilson (2007 Album, One Of The Boys)
This song is about partying late. The bar is shutting down and everyone must leave. “You Don’t Have To Go Home but you can’t stay here” sums up the song. This song would be a great song to play at the end of the party.
Party Song additions for 2009:
Jason Aldean – She’s Country
If you are interested in graduate theme songs check out: graduation song list